The Discovery Update is here!
Pocket and Win 10 gets Marketplace, mansions and more!
The long-awaited 1.1 update for Pocket and Windows 10 is out today. We’re calling it the Discovery Update – and not just because we like the way it sounds! There are new features and secrets to explore, not least the spooky Woodland Mansions. What treasures lie within – and what peril? That’s for you to find out (or shamelessly look up on the wiki)!
There’s loads more. Llamas. Shulker Boxes. Dyable Beds. New blocks, like glazed terracotta and concrete. New enchantments, like Frostwalking and Mending. Ingot Smelting is a thing. Add-Ons are now additionally exciting, and will let you remix movement properties. You can now get the Skyrim Mash-Up Pack, too! Find the full changelog below.
Of course the big headline is… Marketplace! It’s a place where Pocket and Windows 10 players can browse, buy, download and play cool community creations from within the game itself. You can get a rundown of what kind of stuff you’ll find on there at launch in this quick guide to Marketplace! There’s also a nice video to tell you all about how it works. Lovely.
Anyway, here’s the full 1.1 changelog!
- Minecraft Marketplace
- Skyrim Mash-up Pack
- Shulker Boxes
- Woodland Mansions
- Cartographer Villager & Exploration Maps
- Illagers (Evokers & Vindicators)
- Concrete & concrete powder
- Glazed terracotta blocks
- Dyeable beds (and you can jump on them, too!)
- Iron and Gold tools can now be smelted into Iron Nuggets and Gold Nuggets
- Adventure Mode
- New game rules: DoFireTick, DoMobSpawning, DoTileDrops, MobGriefing, DoEntityDrops, KeepInventory, DoMobLoot, DoDaylightCycle
- New achievements
- Mending & Frostwalking enchantments
- Totem of Undying
- Off-hand slot (only works for arrows & Totem of Undying)
- Changes in world generation. Seeds which contain pre-generated structures such as ocean monuments & igloos may generate those structures in different places now
- The sun now rises in the East and sets in the West
- CanPlaceOn & CanDestroy are now supported in the ‘/replaceitem’ command
- Dampened the vertical look speed when using a controller
- Improved navigation of the settings screen when using a controller
- The X button can now be used to clear the hotbar on the Creative inventory screen when using a controller
- Improved controller input when selecting items on the Creative inventory screen
- Maps are now numbered so you can tell which map is which!
- Empty Maps with Compasses have been renamed to Locator Maps to distinguish between Empty Maps without Compasses
- New sleeping animation slowly lowers you into serene slumber
- Updated color palette for wool blocks and carpet
- Stained clay blocks have been renamed to terracotta
- Improved lead rope physics
- Cave Spiders now attack with poison time based on difficulty
- Worlds will now show a screenshot preview in the main menu
- 1 melon block can now be crafted into 9 melon slices
- 1 cobweb can now be crafted into 9 strings
- Eating animation can now be seen in third-person camera
- /locate command will now find more structures
- The screen safe area can now be adjusted in Video settings
- Add-Ons: movement properties are now data-driven
Woah, woah, woah! There are far too many fixes to list here! My favourites:
- Good news for Elytra fliers – You can now shoot yourself with a bow and arrow (and can splash yourself with potions again, too!)
- Horses now make sounds when they jump! Neeeeigh!
To see a more complete list of bugs, you can find the full changelog here: http://aka.ms/mcchangelogs