Minecraft hit upon something primal in our human nature; we like to make things. This game lets you make pretty much anything your heart desires, provided it’s composed of voxel-like blocks. The previously teased v1.0 update to Minecraft Pocket Edition has landed on Android, and it adds a number of nice gameplay extras, plus there’s something of an endgame with a dragon to slay.
Here’s the full changelog posted by Mojang for the v1.0 update.
- The End, including the Ender Dragon, End Cities, End ships, the new Shulker mob, purpur, chorus plants, and the highly coveted Elytra glider
- New Festive Mash-Up Pack: the first Mash-Up to hit this edition. It includes a festive skin pack, texture pack, and fesitve world
- Double the height! Now you can build 256 blocks high
- Igloos and polar bears for your winter wanderings
- VR support for Oculus Touch Controllers
- Igloos & polar bears
- Strongholds now fully implemented and have a chance of spawning in newly generated chunks
- Support for world templates
- World seed library
- Ability to craft lingering potions in survival
- Ability to craft tipped arrows in survival
- Ability to respawn Jean? the Ender Dragon
When Minecraft PE launched on Android years ago, it was a mere shadow of the full game. Now, it’s much more robust and has support for Android TV, which is a more console-like experience. This update bumps up the maximum height of your creations to 256 blocks from 128, and there are some festive holiday skins included.
Minecraft has always been a sandbox sort of game, but this update for the Pocket Edition adds an endgame that you access by traveling to a creepy parallel dimension. There you will find the might Ender Dragon, a creature that will surely require all your skills to defeat. You might want to bring a friend or two for backup.