The Xbox One version of PUBG hasn’t had the smoothest of releases, with the game’s performance and visuals coming under fire from players. Thankfully, PUBG on Xbox One is set to be improved today thanks to the game’s first patch.
PUBG on Xbox One currently suffers from some pretty severe frame rate issues and isn’t much of a looker (on either Xbox One or Xbox One X), but the first steps to improve things start today. As well as a series of bug fixes, gameplay, and UI tweaks, the debut patch for PUBG on Xbox One will provide a first pass on visual and performance improvements.
That’s great news for players of PUBG on Xbox One X. While the game is part of the Xbox Game Preview program and as such is a work in progress, such a high profile game performing so badly on the consoles isn’t a good look for Microsoft. As the firm battles to gain some ground on the PlayStation 4, it’s hoping the power of the Xbox One X will win over some players.
The Xbox One PUBG patch will go live today at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST. Detailed patch are below:
- Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
- Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
- Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
- UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
- Tweaked hair color options
- Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
- Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
- Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
- Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
- First pass visual and performance improvements
- Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
- Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
- Keyboard functionality is disabled
- Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
- Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
- Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
- Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
- Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
- Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
- Fixed typo in the controller guide
- Other minor fixes
Read all about how to get better at PUBG on Xbox One in our PUBG Xbox One guides.