Microsoft recently announced a major update coming to Minecraft on Windows 10. Today, Mojang has started rolling out the update, titled the “Boss Update” to Minecraft’s Windows 10 Edition and Pocket Edition. With the latest Minecraft update, players can now fight the wither, and the game also includes new ocean monuments, as well as the beacon. More importantly, the update brings support for add-ons which is a huge addition to the game. Along with all the new features, the update also comes with some user interface and performance improvements. Here is the full changelog:
- Ocean Monuments
- Guardians and Elder Guardians
- Prismarine, dark prismarine & prismarine bricks
- Prismarine shard & prismarine crystal
- Sea lantern
- The Wither!
- Nether star
- Wet & dry sponges
- Slash commands (with a handy auto complete feature). Enable cheats for a world in the options screen for access, but note that Xbox Live achievements will be disabled when you’re using ‘em!
- Custom key bindings! Hooray for lefties!
- A new Creative inventory search feature
- Add-On section for world settings
- Basic F3 support! (Win 10 only)
- You can change game modes in Realms (note that doing this will restart the realm)
- Ability to upload & download worlds in Realms
- Ability to promote players as operators in Realms
- UI improvements!
- Performance improvements!
- Tweaks to various mob action/behavior triggers, including fixing creeper explosions
- Elder guardian de-buff visuals fixed (feedback from Android beta)
- Fishing rods & arrows will fire in more than just one direction
- Lots of tweaks to water textures to make underwater more fun
- Tweaks to Realms settings
- Visual tweaks to sun, moon & stars when rendering in VR immersive mode
- Ridiculous numbers of bug fixes!